EXTENDED deadline – Spring Internship in the DMDP Secretariat
Are you passionate about international development and business and would you like to work with multi-stakeholder partnerships in developing countries?
Apply for the DMDP Spring 2022 internship and join us for a semester full of learning opportunities!
Why choose an internship at DMDP?
As part of the DMDP team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of how multi-stakeholder partnerships can contribute to different Sustainable Development Goals, with a specific focus on goals number 8, 13 and 17. The position provides an opportunity to work closely with competent and experienced consultants within the international development field.
You will have an opportunity to expand your professional network and access substantial knowledge and in-depth understanding of the project cycle of DMDP and insight into how the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs work in its priority countries.
What do we expect from our intern?
The DMDP Secretariat is looking for an ambitious student, who is interested in pursuing a career in international business, green growth, sustainability, and development, and who would like to gain sector insight and work experience. As an intern, you will work closely with the team of consultants in the DMDP Secretariat that is hosted in the Danish consultancy company Nordic Consulting Group. We expect our intern to provide agile support to the Secretariat and we offer a wide range of interesting tasks of varying character. These include but are not limited to:
- Following up on partnership project results measurement
- Analytical work and drafting of inputs to the Secretariat
- Planning and organising meetings and webinars
- Drafting minutes of meetings
- Support for establishing procedures and systems for the operation of the DMDP Secretariat and following up with partnership projects
- Management and update of the Secretariat webpage and LinkedIn page
- Produce news stories and other efforts to communicate learning and achievements of DMDP projects
You are in the final year of your bachelor’s degree or doing your master’s degree in a relevant field (development studies, business and development, sustainable business etc). Apart from being an outgoing person with great communication skills, we expect that you have:
- Previous work experience from student jobs, volunteer work or internships
- Experience with sustainability strategies in the private sector, and with climate change and green transformation will be considered an asset
- Strong administrative skills and a structured approach to your work
- Analytical and methodological mindset
- The ability to prioritise, respect deadlines and assume responsibility for your assigned tasks
- A positive outlook, flexible to change and a willingness to learn
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft office skills
- Professional proficiency in Danish (or Nordic languages) and English. French is an advantage but not a requirement.
The internship is a full-time position (37 hours/week) from 15 January 2022 to 30 August 2022.
You will receive compensation of up to 5000 DKK a month.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and at the latest by 5 December 2021. We will review the applications on a rolling basis and carry out interviews when we have received relevant applicants.
Should you have any clarifying questions please do not hesitate to contact us using the same email address.